Sunday, May 07, 2006

You're Hired!

So, I'm quitting my job. Pretty soon.

And I finally got off my duff and decided to look into travel nursing. Within a week of starting the process, I had seven job interviews (some of which I haven't even done yet) and two job offers within a half hour of interviewing. Both jobs come with free, furnished housing, amenities, travel stipends, insurance, and pay around $5/hr more than what I'm being paid now. One position is even a *day* position.

Interviewed unshowered, unkempt, while sitting out of my front porch with my dog on a lovely spring day.

It's like hitting the jackpot.

And I'm on vacation now for two weeks.

Oh life can be good when you make change :).

Now I have to make a decision: where do I want to go?!

Nice to be wanted, as opposed to being shit on, which is how my current job feels.


2 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! (Does a travel nurse travel, or do stuff for people who're going to travel/have returned from trips?) Wheee! Are you thinking Nashville?

(By the way, I'm thinking of venturing into the wider knitting realm, beyond scarves and hats-- I think I shall take on a vest in the next few days.)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

WHERE ARE YOU?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home